- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
ANA Operates World´s First Passenger Flight of Boeing 787 Dreamliner28. ockober 2011 12:20 | Commercial Aviation
All Nippon Airways, Japan's largest airline, made aviation history today by operating the first ever passenger flight of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, the world's most advanced airliner.
The specially chartered flight took off from Narita Airport, Tokyo, with more than 240 passengers of board just after midday and landed four hours and a half later in Hong Kong.
Built mainly from carbon fiber composite material, the Dreamliner raises the bar for fuel efficiency and passenger comfort. The 787 uses 20% less fuel, meaning it is the first mid-size airplane capable of flying long-range routes while cutting carbon emissions.
The 787 Dreamliner has strong links with Japan, with Japanese manufacturers providing approximately 35% of all the aircraft parts, including key sections of the wings and fuselage.
ANA has ordered 55 Dreamliners from Boeing and has already received two planes, with a total of 20 expected to be delivered by the end of FY2012. The Dreamliners will eventually help ANA save ¥10 billion a year (US$130m) through fuel savings.
Scheduled services featuring the Dreamliner will begin on 1 November to domestic Japanese destinations and international services on ANA will commence in the following two months with flights initially to Beijing and Frankfurt.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit