- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Delta Air Lines Announces September Quarter Profit25. ockober 2011 12:09 | Business
Delta Air Lines today reported financial results for the September 2011 quarter.
· Delta's net income for the September 2011 quarter was $765 million, or $0.91 per diluted share, excluding special items(1).
· Delta's GAAP net income was $549 million, or $0.65 per diluted share, for the September 2011 quarter.
· Strong top line revenue growth of 10% year over year helped offset the $1 billion impact of higher fuel prices.
· Results include $167 million in profit sharing expense, in recognition of Delta employees' achievements toward meeting the company's financial targets, bringing total profit sharing expense for the year to date to $175 million.
· The company ended the September 2011 quarter with $5.1 billion in unrestricted liquidity.
"We are successfully adapting Delta to the challenging economic environment by producing a solidly profitable quarter in the face of $1 billion of fuel price pressure," said Richard Anderson, Delta's chief executive officer. "Delta people worldwide are committed to building a leading global airline. We are pleased to recognize their contributions with $167 million this quarter for our profit sharing program and we appreciate their hard work."
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit