- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Bombardier Confirms Luxair as Previously Unidentified Customer for Q400 NextGen Turboprops29. september 2011 12:00 | Business
Bombardier Aerospace confirmed today that a firm order for four Q400 NextGen high-speed turboprop airliners, which was announced on August 16, 2011, was placed by Luxair, the national airline of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The transaction also included options on an additional four Q400 NextGen aircraft.
As previously announced, based on the Q400 NextGen aircraft list price, the firm order contract is valued at approximately $126 million US.
Luxair placed a firm order for three Q400 airliners in 2006, prior to the product enhancements that earned the “NextGen” designation. It placed subsequent orders for two additional Q400 turboprop aircraft.
“We are continuing to upgrade our turboprop fleet with Q400 NextGen aircraft,” said Adrien Ney, President and Chief Executive Officer, Luxair. “The Q400 turboprop is a superb aircraft, and the NextGen treatment has lowered operating costs and made a real difference in enhancing passenger convenience and overall comfort.”
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit