- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Boeing Business Jets Delivers BBJ 737-700 IGW to Beijing Airlines11. may 2011 11:35 | General aviation
Boeing (NYSE: BA) Business Jets (BBJ) today announced the delivery of a BBJ 737-700 IGW (Increased Gross Weight) to Beijing Airlines, a business jet subsidiary of Air China.
Mr. Wang Wei, vice general manager of Beijing Airlines, took delivery of the airplane at a ceremony held at the Boeing Delivery Center in Seattle. This is the first BBJ for Beijing Airlines bringing its fleet to 11 business jets.
"Air China has been doing business with Boeing for a long time," said Wang. "We're thrilled to grow that relationship with the addition of our first BBJ to the Beijing Airlines fleet and look forward to working with Boeing to meet the demand of the rapidly expanding business jet market in China."
"Asia and particularly China has been a strong market for Boeing Business Jets for several years," said Steve Taylor, BBJ president. "Working with Beijing Airlines to bring them the best business jet to fit their needs backed by unmatched customer support helps make us even stronger in the region."
Next stop for the "green" BBJ is PATS Aircraft Systems in Georgetown, Delaware where the extended range fuel system will be installed. The airplane will then be flown to a completion center of the customer's choice where the interior will be installed.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit