- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
ANA starts pilot training for Boeing 78721. april 2011 12:51 | Pilots
TOKYO April 18, 2011 - ANA, the launch customer for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, today begins training the pilots who will fly the world’s newest and most advanced passenger aircraft.
Ten ANA pilots will enter the training program run by Boeing Training & Flight Services, using the aircraft manufacturer's highly sophisticated simulators and flight training software.
The Full Flight Simulator for the Dreamliner is significantly more energy efficient and environmentally-friendly, using 80% less electricity than previous models. Furthermore, the high degree of commonality between the cockpits of the Dreamliner and the Boeing 777, which is already in use in the ANA fleet, will assist in making the training program more efficient.
The first training program will be completed on May 17. During this fiscal year, some 80 ANA pilots are scheduled to be trained to fly the 787.
ANA, Japan's leading airline, has ordered 55 Rolls-Royce-powered Dreamliners. The first 787 is scheduled to be delivered to ANA during the third quarter (Jul-Sep) this year. The commencement of training is a big step forward in preparation toward the aircraft's first delivery and its introduction on domestic and then international routes.
* Pilot Certificate will be issued after acquiring Type Certification.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit